5cp Gamemode

edited June 20 in Suggestions & Ideas
New game Idea:
If you've ever played TF2, this is basically their 5cp gamemode done in Minecraft. I've never seen this on a Minecraft server, and It's a ton of fun, so I figured I'd suggest it.
Basically, in a map, there is 5 points, and the map is mirrored. (so 2 on each side + 1 mid point)
In order to win, you must capture all 5 points.
Here is a shitty diagram I drew up, which will be used to better explain later in this post:

That appears way too big for some reason

At the game start, both teams start at their Spawn 1, with points 1&2 already captured for Team A and points 4&5 already captured for Team B. They will both rush to capture Mid. They must capture mid, as you must capture all the points in order (All other points are "locked"). So this means, since neither team has captured mid, they cannot ignore it and try to cap a point past mid. Once a team captures mid, they can move on to the first point on the other side. In order to prevent stalemates or extremely long games, the teams' spawns are moved up as they capture points. Their current spawn is always near the point BEFORE the one that the other team can capture. For example, if Team A has points 1, 2, and 3 captured, they will spawn at spawn 2, and if they have 1, 2, 3, and 4 captured, they will spawn at spawn 3. This is a ton of fun, and while it is not new to gaming, it's not very common in MC.

If you have any questions about my absolutely terrible explanation, feel free to ask below.

If you have any ideas for improvements, also please suggest below.

Comments

• tbh i really do not like this idea, i feel like it would go on for like an hour or 2 before it finally ends.  ps. i have seen this in mc before.
  • There's quite a lot of servers with this exact gamemode. This isn't a problem, but the game itselfs stales quite quickly. The only way a team can win this, is if they dominate the other team / are way stronger.
  • This is a bit similar to Rendog & iskall85's Moba Lisa