Map Configuration Guide
- Game Specific Mapfigs
- Ingame Shop
- Mapfig Macros
- Extra Options
- Get Access to Maps, Code and Mapfigs
In maps you often want to protect certain things from being changed.
Good examples for these kind of areas are spawns, scoreboxes and spawners.
Because this is one of the most important uses for areas, every area is protected by default.
The options used to protect areas are:
- canbreak (Default: none)
- canplace (Default: none)
- canexplode (Default: none)
- canceldamage (Default: none)
- allowburn (Default: false)
- allowflow (Default: false)
This means if you have an empty area, it will not allow the breaking of blocks or allow the flowing or liquids.
Because you often want all these defaults when protecting a team's spawn, it's quite easy.
First, we need to give our area a name. In this case 'spawn' would work quite well.
After that you would fill in the correct coordinates.
Your area would look something like this:
In a lot of games however, there are multiple teams.
To make clear which area is protecting which team, we can call our areas 'aSpawn' and 'bSpawn'.
When we know our areas will include the same information and have the same purpose, we can put them in one area to simplify.
This would look something like this:
Canbreak & Canplace:
Protection areas aren't only used in spawns, but also great for allowing placement of certain blocks for example.
Let's say we want to give our players the ability to place leaves, since we don't use them in our map.
But we do not want them to destroy any blocks other than the ones they placed.
You can do this using the canbreak and canplace options:
In some maps you might want to make sure players can't blow up certain blocks either.
You can do this using canexplode:
Notice the canexplode isn't in a team level.
There's a lot of places you might want to disable falldamage, such as spawn drops.
Or you want to disable all damage in general.
This can be done using the canceldamage option:
This should be used in a team level, making it possible to disable falldamage for one team, but not for another.
These are all the possible damage causes you can cancel:
- air (Suffocation damage.)
- attack (Damage caused by melee attacks.)
- cram (Damage caused by entitycramming.)
- custom (Damage caused commands.)
- explode (Damage caused by explosives.)
- fall (Falldamage.)
- fire (Damage caused by fire.)
- food (Damage caused by starvation.)
- hug (Damage caused by cactus.)
- lava (Damage caused by lava.)
- magic (Damage caused by potions.)
- magma (Damage caused by standing on a magma block.)
- poison (Poison damage.)
- shot (Damage caused by projectiles.)
- squish (Damage caused by a falling anvil.)
- struck (Damage caused by lighting.)
- suicide (Damage caused by yourself.)
- void (Damage caused by falling in the void.)
- wall (Damage caused by hitting something while flying.)
- water (Drowning damage.)
Allowburn & Allowflow:
These options do not get used frequently, but they can be quite useful.
Using allowburn you can disable or enable the burning of blocks.
However, this does not disable the spreading of fire.
Allowburn is, just like canexplode, not used inside of a team level:
With allowflow you can manage the flowing of liquids.
This can be useful when you don't want water to get inside of specific place.
Allowflow is also not used inside of a team level: